Many small improvements: Thanks to the generous support of many small -- and a few large -- donors, the Boal Mansion Museum has been able to accomplish many improvements to the Boal Mansion Museum site which is listed on the National Register of Historic Sites by the US Department of the Interior.
Included in repairs recently completed by AR Building & Materials of Howard, Pennsylvania, are:
1) Replacement of the exterior wall stucco of the front porch, where the old horse-hair plaster was pock-marked and falling off.
2) Reroofing of the exhibit building housing the weapons and the country life exhibit, where roof leaks were threatening the collection.
3) Reconstruction and patching of the stucco of exterior walls between the pioneer stone cabin door and the east window of the ballroom
4) Replacement of the second-story exterior wall of the administrative office above the cloak room and reflashing nearby to end a persistent leak in the kitchen hallway
5) Repair and replacement of rotted and deteriorated woodwork and pillar footings on the east side of the servants quarters (now called the middle house)
6) Reconstruction of two stone bridge piers damaged by machinery when it was removing the immense trunk of a 100-year-old oak tree and replacement of seven bridge planks that had deteriorated.
And in the spring, Johnny Pons and friends from Calvary Baptist Church repainted the exterior stucco and trim of the ballroom alcove. All these projects have much improved the appearance of the site.
What’s waiting? The big stuff. Waiting for a concerted effort and major donors are: (click here to see full story and more photos).
- Tour Information
- Volunteer Information
- School Programs
- The Boal Photo Gallery
- Background History
- Weddings and Receptions
- Help Lead This American Heritage into the Future!
- Links to Other Boalsburg Websites
- Join Our Mailing List
- Make a Donation!
- Docent Login
- Museum Director